Everything You Need to Know About Cockroaches in Texas
American Cockroaches are some of the most resilient pests in the world. They have unique survival tactics that make them among the most difficult pests to get rid of. Myles Pest Services is here to help you identify and get rid of these pests in your home.
- The American Cockroach can be very large in size, up to an inch and a half long.
- They have reddish-brown wings, and they have a translucent yellow band around their head like a necklace.
Because of their size, the American Cockroach is easy to identify. They congregate in areas that provide moisture and food such as decaying organic matter around pipes, sewers, and damp areas like basements. It is possible to confuse their droppings with those of a house mouse.
As with other crawling insects, the American Cockroach can contaminate your home with what it has crawled through. Since they prefer decaying organic matter, they can spread these germs into areas of your home where your food is stored or where your children play. They can also feed on items that contain starches such as human food, paper, books, and some clothing.
- Keeping your home or business clean and free from improperly stored food or food that has been left on floors or countertops will greatly reduce their presence.
- Having interior pipe penetrations sealed and removing wet and decaying wood inside your home (often under sink cabinets) will help reduce their presence as well.
- Outside your home, moving compost piles away from your house and removing leaves and wood piles will give them fewer places to live and hide.
- A Perimeter Treatment around your home or business from Myles Pest Services is a highly effective way to stop American Cockroaches from entering your home or business in the first place.
The best and most effective way to deal with American Cockroaches is to have Myles Pest Services professionally identify and treat the exterior and interior (as needed) areas of your home that provide ideal living and breeding quarters for these Texas-sized roaches. A Trained Myles Technician is always available to visit with you and discuss a customizable solution that will provide the best treatment to rid your home or business of this disgusting and annoying pest problem.
The German Cockroach is the most common type of cockroach found around the world. While they are most commonly found in commercial locations like restaurants, and hotels that doesn’t mean they won’t take up residence in your home. Myles Pest Services has come up with easy ways to detect these pests and keep them out, for good.
- Adults are a medium brown and about 1/2" - 5/8” long.
- German Cockroaches have two dark stripes on their pronotum (head region), which distinguishes them from other Cockroaches.
- Immature German Cockroaches resemble adults except they are smaller, nearly black in color, and have a single light stripe down the middle of their back.
German Cockroaches are found near sources of moisture, usually in kitchens and bathrooms. Look for them in cracks and crevices, around and under cabinets and appliances, behind picture frames and room trim (baseboards, crown molding, door frames), and in other dark, undisturbed areas.
German Cockroaches found throughout a building away from food sources are usually considered a heavy infestation, or if they are seen in the home in broad daylight.
German roaches pose a major health problem because of the diseases they carry, including different forms of gastroenteritis (such as food poisoning and dysentery), allergens, as well as disease-producing protozoa and bacteria. The German Cockroach is considered the most economically important urban pest in the U.S.
- Sanitation is tremendously important to controlling German Cockroaches; however, no home is immune from their presence.
- In addition, make sure any products (especially boxes or paper products) brought into the home are free of roaches.
A professional treatment is the best way to reduce German Cockroaches in a given area. Myles Pest Services offers professional treatment for the reduction of cockroaches, and our technicians are thoroughly trained to address your cockroach problems. Don’t waste time and money on over-the-counter remedies or unprofessional service. Call Myles Pest Services, DFW’s reliable pest control service. We provide free pest identification and free evaluations with no obligation!
Problem: This particular house had hundreds of German Cockroaches in the kitchen and throughout the house.
Solution: Myles Pest Services thoroughly inspected and treated the infestation.
Result: “My mother’s house had become uninhabitable. The roaches were so bad they fell onto the kitchen counter every time we opened the doors. Myles worked on the house until it was roach-free. We never thought we would ever get rid of them. Thank you, Myles." - T. Edwards, Ft. Worth
Get Help From Local Exterminators
Our team of local pest control exterminators can help you eliminate both German and American Cockroaches from your home. We offer extensive cockroach control that will have these pests out of your home as soon as possible. If you are in need of cockroach control in Texas give Myles Pest Services a call! We can help out with pest control, termite treatment, mosquito control, and more!